Thursday, October 8, 2015

Pumpkin Yarn Wreath

Happy Fall friends!  Today's blog post is a simple DIY Pumpkin Fall Wreath.



Supplies needed:
-Large bag of cotton balls
-2 spools of yarn (choose your favorite color orange)
-Hot glue gun
-Grapevine wreath
-Twigs from outside

1. Wrap the yarn around the cotton balls.  Start wrapping around semi-tightly until you cover up most of the cotton ball.  Then finish it off with a dot of glue on the end of the yarn.

2. Once you have completed a large amount of yarn cotton balls, start placing them around the grapevine wreath.  For the most part, I did 2 x 2s  around the grapevine wreath.


3. Once you have glued all of the yarn cotton balls to the wreath, break down some little twigs to make the pumpkin stems.  Add a dot of hot glue to the stem and stick it into the cotton ball.

4. Add acorns (I did this because I ran out of the yarn) and/or a bow.  Totally up to you. I think it looks splendid with no bow at all!

5. Hang up and enjoy!  I love the versatility of this wreath because I can leave it up through Thanksgiving.

I'd love to see your versions of this wreath.  You can post a comment with a picture or email me: wbthompson2004@gmail.com.

Happy Fall and Happy Crafting!  



 




No comments:

Post a Comment