Friday, April 18, 2014

Potted Plants

Since my post earlier this week was about creating a Spring Garden and today's post is about Potted Plants, you may think that I actually do a lot of gardening.  You wold be mistaken.  I garden twice a year - in the fall I do pansies and in the spring I do sweet potato vine.  I may add another annual or perennial in the mix, but that's basically about as much as I can handle.  #thetruth

Our local Lowe's didn't have any sweet potato vine yet so I went to Calloways.  Oh Calloways.  You have such a lovely layout and superb selections.  I headed there with the kiddos in tow so I knew I needed to find what I needed FAST.  We managed to only pull about 8 flowers off other plants while there.  That's pretty good in my book.

Side note: last year, we added in a built-in grill area and hung large bulb string lights from the pergola and purchased new patio furniture.  We LOVE how it all came together.  We sit out there once the kids go to bed.  Divine. 

We also have 4 large potted plants in between the pergola columns.  We have a boxwood in the center and then change in seasonal flowers around it.  Last year our sweet potato vines were out of this world.  So long and oh so lovely.

Pansies are so incredibly hardy and can withstand crazy Texas weather.  They provide great color during the fall/winter months, but now it's time for them to go bye-bye!






Here are all the plants we purchased.  About $70 dollars worth.


 My little helper (sister) and I got to work.  We laid some new potting soil in the pots and started planting.  This project went A L O T faster than the Spring Garden.  Total of 45 minutes or so including a quick hose down of Sister - per her request.






This is such an easy way to bring vibrant colors to your home.  I love sweet potato vine, but you do  need to water it almost every day once it gets really hot.  #texasproblems

Have a wonderful Easter celebrating the death and resurrecution of Jesus.  He is Risen, He is Risen Indeed!

See you guys next week!


 




No comments:

Post a Comment