Monday, April 7, 2014

Makeshift Mudroom

I would like to have a mudroom.  I really would.  I love the idea of a room dedicated to things like backpacks, shoes, boots, and jackets. 

A few months ago, I started brainstorming about how I could bring a makeshift mudroom to my house.  After thinking and thinking and re-thinking, I finally thought of the perfect spot.  This little corner.

 It's right between the kids bedrooms and the kids bathroom.  I originally put the bookshelf as a safeguard to keep the kids from opening the little trap door.  Back in 1926, this door was used for easy access to the bathtub plumbing.  It also has a drop into the crawl space beneath our house.  #scary #dark #darkandscary

It has basically served as a place for random toy storage.  Enter the makeshift mudroom idea. 


I used this bench that I had in the kitchen area.  Fits perfectly, right?  I used a basket from the previous bookshelf and voila, the beginning of my mudroom.


It came together for $0 and about 30 minutes of work.   My Makeshift Mudroom.








A perfect place for my sweet, little people to put their school items.  Once they get taller, I will probably move the backpacks above the bench and add a wire basket for paper items.  Right now I am enjoying the fact that backpacks are just filled with extra clothes and a lunch.  #preschool

This corner went from random toy storage to a purposeful space.  Score!



Do you have an area you can re-purpose?  Think creatively about the space that you have.  Be content with what you have.  #lifelessonfortoday



 






No comments:

Post a Comment