Friday, April 25, 2014

Reader's Space: Overflow to Organized

Wow, what an awesome response I have received from the Toy Rotation Strategy post earlier this week.  I love hearing how you guys implement ideas from this little blog! 

Today, I'm going to share how one Call-to-Order reader took her child's room from Overflow to Organized.


However hard we try, this area of my daughter's room ALWAYS stays messy.  It ends up being an  overflow toy area.   Lovely, right?





After reading Whitney's post about a Toy Rotation Strategy, I knew this would make a big difference in my daughter's room.  The only items I need to purchase were the plastic bins.  The whole project took me about an hour to complete and I LOVE the results.


This project has eliminated the overflow toy clutter issue.  My daughter can work through one bin each week and we can keep the toy clutter under control. 


Why I love this reader's space:

-She utilized the storage she already had available in the top of the closet.  So many times people think that they need a DIFFERENT space to organize instead of using what they already have!

-She went the extra step to "pretty up" the plastic bins by adding the numbers in contact paper.  It's in the details people, the details.

-She took the initiative to make this happen and the rest of her family will benefit.  It was hard work, but oh, so worth it!  Just look at the after pictures. 



Happy Friday, friends.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

We have a sweet little boy who turned 2 this morning!  Off to ride a choo-choo and eat at Chick-fil-a!



 





No comments:

Post a Comment