Monday, October 20, 2014

Easy, Classic Fall Mantle

Two times every year I update the Living Room mantle - Fall/Thanksgiving and Christmas.  By the time October gets here, I'm ready for some browns, reds and oranges in this room.  We don't use the Living Room during the day much but I am in that room when I teach piano so I like it to be neat, fresh and updated.

Total time for this project: 35 minutes

Time breakdown:
20 minutes perusing "Free Fall Printables" on Pinterest
5 minutes printing the Free Printables and putting them in frames
10 minutes to place them and hang the wreath in the right place (without my husband present who has a keen eye for the exact right spot things should be in)

I was tempted to get do a more intense mantle arrangement, but I knew I would feel overwhelmed with it all.  Plus our mantle is pretty narrow so it is hard to do two-dimensional look on it.

I like to think of myself as simple and classic (hopefully my friends and family will agree!), so that's how I decorated the mantle.  Not too much, but just enough to recognize the beautiful change of the seasons.







God is so good.  Beautiful leaves changing colors.  The smell of pumpkin spice.  So many things to love.  Gifts from the Creator.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment