Thursday, February 27, 2014

Easy Fix

After I got on the organizing bandwagon {read My Story}, I decided to work on our key issue.  We typically would put the keys in a large dish either in the kitchen or by the door.  But pretty quickly the dish would overflow with other items - like sunglasses, chapstick, wallets, headphones.  Even though I loved the dish idea when it was just keys, it didn't stay that way for us.  So, I threw out that idea and started over.

While I was pondering my dilemma, I ran into these Command hooks at Hobby Lobby.  They were just staring at me and begging me to take them. So, I did.  I think I'm on my 8th package now.  L.O.V.E.
Command Products

Since I didn't want to put holes in the wood around our mantle, the clear Command hooks were the perfect solution.  No fuss, no mess.  The other overflow items have their own places to reside.



This is the front view of the Command hooks.  They blend right into the fireplace.  I love that.  I didn't want to have a big "key area;" I just need a simple solution.  My, oh my, I love this one.





 In use.  The hubbie is at work so my keys are solo right now, but you get the idea.  We have both enjoyed the space (albeit a small space), but it works so well for us.  The keys are ALWAYS right there.

P.S. I have an issue with leaving the hair straightener on so I keep that sign there (classy, I know).  My problem is getting MUCH better now... after another simple organization solution (post coming soon!)  But an extra reminder never hurts!




It doesn't have to be big and grand, but it does have to work.  For us, this works.  It totally works.

Love.  The end.



 

1 comment:

  1. I did this too! I put mine right by our door to the garage. I also put one by the door in our guest room for their keys. I've been meaning to add a sign to the back of the door which reads, Phone? Purse?. So, I'm with you on your reminder note! Love your new blog!

    ReplyDelete