Monday, February 24, 2014

Laundry Room Makeover

Mondays are my laundry day.  I want to like Mondays.  I try to like Mondays.  But with this as my laundry room, there was no hope. 



Serious potential, but serious yuck.  After discovering Jen at iheartorganizing.blogspot.com, I began to see the potential of the room.  After a few planning sessions, albeit on a Monday laundry day, I decided it was now or never.  I know, dramatic, but that's just how I am.

I decided to use the upper shelves for storage (duh, but I wanted to say it anyway), build a fold station onto of the washer and dryers, add some storage for the detergent/dryer sheets/iron.

My hubbie happily got on board when he realized that folding station would keep the laundry from piling up in other areas of the house.  He purchased a few supplies from Lowe's and got to work.  He used a nice cut of word (real precise here) and then purchased stair banisters that he cut to size.  Have I mentioned he's a keeper? Then I painted a few coats of white paint and voila!

Then I went a bit crazy at Target and purchased about 15 multi-colored bins plus the Martha Stewart label holders.  A few other purchases and I am officially in love.  See for yourself.



Close up of the banister. 

 The other corner of the laundry room.  A customizable shelf from Target.  In the future, I'm going to spray paint it but I haven't gotten there yet.

This side is really hard to photograph.  It's another small folding area, plus hanging area and a junk basket.  I put things here and then organize on laundry days. 


Love. The end.


1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I like the folding table idea over the machines. I wanted to build a storage area under mine (it is featured on http://ana-white.com) but I don't think I have space because of the upper cabinets, so this could be a good option.

    ReplyDelete