Monday, March 17, 2014

Kids Bathroom: Cluttered to Clean

Since I have had quite a few questions about how I plan an organizational project, I want to take you with me from start to finish.  A journey from this

 to this


That might be A LITTLE misleading, but I just love doing before and after pictures. 

I'm going on a journey to take the kids bathroom from Cluttered to Clean. I have a few easy projects to do this week.  (mind you the true renovation happened 2 years ago)



Let me start from the beginning. This bathroom has come a long way.  Before the renovation, it was the only full bathroom.  It really could only accomadate one person at a time.  If both the hubby and I needed to be ready at the same time, we would take shifts in the bathroom.  That's the kind of small I'm talking about.  Here are a few "before reno" pictures.


We loved all the built-ins, but they ended up making the bathroom feeling very cramped.  They also were made before the invention of drawers rollers.  So every time a drawer was pulled out, there was the awful wood-on-wood sound.  #moderninventions 



Now this little toilet was the REAL DEAL - 1926 cast iron toilet.  Most of the parts were original.  Unfortunately, they don't make toilets this small anymore so we ended up moving the bathroom layout around.

I was a bit sad to see this bathroom gone (my hubby however was not!), but we LOVE the outcome.


We took out the built-ins, which made the bathroom feel so much bigger, and added a large sink/cabinet area for storage.  


We did keep the original windows and mirror, but added in new wainscoting and hexagon tiles - similar to what was there before.  Everything is so fresh and clean.  LOVE. #houserenovations #makeitlikeyouwantit


However, there are a few areas that have been bugging me. 

My plan

After pinpointing the trouble spots, I started thinking through my options.

Problem: Bows.  Inevitable.  Girls have bows.  #lifelessonfortoday.   I want to display them so it's easier to keep organized and see what we have.
Solution: Buy a frame and make a bow holder

Problem: Everyday meds.  Allergies anyone?  I need to have a better spot to keep the everyday meds - easily accessible but out of sight.
Solution: Place everyday meds in the cabinet storage.

Problem: Re-use the corner.  I actually like the white 3-teired stand, but I just wanted to change up that corner.  It really ended up holding bath toys and lots-o-lots of toilet paper.  #nobueno
Solution: Find some baskets to display guest items and extra toilet paper.

Problem: Lamp cord.  I don't like how it looks.
Solution: Make the lamp cordless using a battery pack. 

Come back tomorrow to see how the make the bow holder.

What area do you need to update/organize?  Tackle it today and make a plan!



   

You may also be interested in:

Jewelry Storage
Jewelry Storage
Errand List: Car
Errand List: Car
Dresser Drawers
Dresser Drawers

No comments:

Post a Comment