Friday, March 21, 2014

Kid's Bathroom: Cluttered to Clean COMPLETE

At the beginning of the week, I revealed My Plan for the bathroom.


I try to break up my larger projects into a handful of small jobs so that I don't get overwhelmed. For instance, declutter the entire pantry... OVERWHELMING.  Organize the canned goods portion of the pantry... TOTALLY DO-ABLE!  #seewhatimean #lifelessonfortoday

On Day 1, I ran through my problems and potential solutions. 

Day 2: Address the bow issue. 
Problem:  Bows.  Inevitable.  Girls have bows.  #lifelessonfortoday.   I want to display them so it's easier to keep organized and see what we have.
Solution: Buy a frame and make a bow holder



 Total cost of $14.99 and about 20 minutes of work. 


On Day 3, I addressed re-purposing the bathroom corner.  #overflowoftoiletpaper
Problem: Re-use the corner.  I like the white 3-teired stand, but I just wanted to change up that corner.  It really ended up holding bath toys and lots-o-lots of toilet paper. 
Solution: Find some baskets to display guest items and extra toilet paper.


Total cost is $16 and about 15 minutes of work.

Day 4, I addressed the drawer disaster issue. 
This wasn't in my original plan, but it was an issue that needed to be worked on.  Oh, how I love this one!


I removed the everyday meds from the counter and cleared off the other unnecessary items by moving them into the bathroom storage baskets.  They are still available for use, but not such a temptation to my kiddos.  One time a child (who was over to play) used the "nice" soap and it sent my daughter into a tailspin.  #iwishicouldmakethisup #youknowwhoyouare

The cord situation.  I had every intention of making this happen, but once I read through the tutorials on Pinterest  



I knew, I was biting off more than I could chew at this moment.  So I revised my plan. Once I removed the clutter off from the counter, the lamp cord issue didn't bother me. 


I love the finished product.  A functional, fun space.  A perfect combo.  Happy organizing, Happy Friday!

See you guys back here on Monday.

 

   






No comments:

Post a Comment