Tuesday, March 18, 2014

How to Make a Bow Holder: Simple DIY

As mentioned on yesterday's post, we have a bow storage problem.  This drawer is TROUBLE. #drawerabyss

It doesn't help that my almost 2 year old likes to help by digging around in the drawer. 


Problem: true chaos in one little space
Solution: Organize the bows and display them and then re-organize the drawer using drawer dividers

For today's post, how-to-make-an-adorable-bow-holder.  Yipee!

I found this cute frame at Gardenridge. A little pricey ($14.99), but I love the gray and chrome color combination.  It will look great in the bathroom color scheme so I went for it.


The bow holder will be hung horizontally so I cut 4 ribbons accordingly. 



I hot-glued the ribbons to the top of the frame first.  I let it dry (about 5 minutes or so) and then I pulled it tight and hot-glued the bottom of the ribbons.  I wanted to make sure that the ribbons were tight.  #petpeeve





Onto the easy part - adding on the bows!  Sister was happy to help with this part!

Then I attached the frame to the wainscoting in the bathroom using Command Hanging Strips.  I really don't like making holes in the wood or using the hammer if I don't have to.  Plus, I'm really used to using hanging strips since most of our downstairs has plaster walls. #oldhomes #gottalovethem


I love how this project turned out!  So easy to keep track of what we have and easy to find and coordinate with outfits:)


Come back tomorrow to see the basket storage in the kid's bathroom!

Have you made a bow holder?  I'd love to check it out!  Comment below.  


You may also be interested in:

Meal Plan Organizing
Meal Plan Organizing
Dresser Drawers
Dresser Drawers
Tackle Box to Treasure
Tackle Box to Treasure
Errand List for Car
Errand List for Car

No comments:

Post a Comment